photo – Country Park Portraits
FOR GALAS, PARTIES, LUNCHEONS
FOR SCHOOL & STUDENT NEWS AND OTHER HAPPENINGS:
A Little Black-Eyed Peas, Please!
One Katy family takes bringing in luck with the New Year very seriously! Using her delicious family recipe for black-eyed peas stew, Cathy and Warren Sneedon share this affection with family and friends to spread the luck around.
1) These lucky gals got to try the black-eyed pea potion! (Back row, left to right): Stephanie Ouellette, Stacey Mills, Cathy Sneedon, Misty Stassen and Tina Tise. (Front row): Michelle Anderson, Nancy Shakespeare, Anne Reardon and Noel Paratore
Rotary Club Of Katy Brewfest
Planning for the upcoming Wild West Brewfest, one of Katy’s largest annual fundraising events, coordinated and hosted by the Rotary Club of Katy, is well under way. Club President David Loesch reviewed logistics and announcements at a club luncheon on Feb. 2. Bottom line: this year’s Brewfest will be even bigger and better with over 100 brewers! The Rotary Club of Katy is passionate about giving back to our community and hopes to surpass 2016’s Brewfest donations, which exceeded $250,000! This year’s event is scheduled for May 5 and 6. For more information and tickets, visit wildwestbrewfest.com.
1) Rotary Club President David Loesch, awarding a check for $3,500 to Rotary FireHouse. (L-R): Ralph Brock II, Fireman Homero Ponce and Loesch.
2) Roxana Heredia; Patty Hinojosa, Club Sgt. at Arms; and Loretta Dienst, Chairman of the Brewfest Silent Auction
3) Chris Garcia; new members Kayce Reina and Sarah Martin; Alton Frailey, former KISD Superintendent; Michael McGaha; David Loesch
Fulshear Chamber’s Gridiron Casino Night
Having Super Bowl LI in Houston this year had everyone thinking, living, and breathing football for an entire month. In Texas, that’s just what we do! So when the Fulshear Area Chamber of Commerce (FCC) tackled planning a football and casino night, they found the PERFECT venue for this special night of fundraising – the world’s largest, most impressive “man cave” ever… the Hemi Hideout! Tucked away on a beautiful piece of wooded property in Brookshire, this impressive structure is filled with antique cars, hundreds of neon signs and a multitude of fun collector’s items. It will take several visits to see everything! On Feb. 3, guests were served BBQ (but, of course!), enjoyed their share of luck at casino tables and participated in silent and live auctions.
1) Event greeters (L-R): Amy Norvell, FCC Executive Assistant; Shelley Popp; Ashley Plant and Denise Long
2) (L-R): Don McCoy, Executive Director of FCC; Amy Norvell,
FCC Executive Assistant; Terry Crockett, Chairman of FCC; and
John Hovas, owner of Hemi Hideout.
3) Karen and Danial Van Holten
4) Chris Oliver; Don McCoy; Tricia Krenek, Fulshear City Councilwoman; and Terry Crockett.
5) Fulshear Police Captain Mike McCoy with his wife, Tiffany.
6) (L-R): Dana Benoit, Finance Director for U.S. Congressman Pete Olson; Larissa Plunto, District Director for Sen. Lois Kolkhorst; Tricia Krenek, Fulshear City Councilwoman; Michelle Anderson.
7) Major Chad Norvell with Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office and his wife, Amy.
Local Residents Attend Presidential Inauguration
No matter which side of the aisle you are on, the peaceful transition process from one presidential administration to the next is extraordinary and one that is admired all over the world. My husband Ron and I, along with a handful of Katy area residents, were fortunate enough to attend this year’s inauguration ceremony and a few other spectacular, private events. It was the trip of a lifetime and I am honored to share a few of our favorite moments with you!
1) Craig and Michelle LeTulle, Michelle and Rob Anderson arrive at the Gaylord Hotel in Washington, D.C. where most of the Texas delegation was staying in preparation for the Texas Black Tie & Boots Ball. We ran into 40 Austin PD officers during check-in who gave us a warm Texas welcome! We were so thankful for the additional security and felt safe upon arrival!
2) Senator Marco Rubio with Fort Bend County residents, Craig and Michelle LeTulle, at a private Congressional reception and dinner.
3) Rob Anderson and Rick Figueroa at Hay Adams Hotel (closest building to the White House) balcony. The view was spectacular!
4) Katy residents Jake and Shawn Hallsted made plans on a whim to attend the Presidential Inauguration immediately after the election. During their stay, they decided to enjoy dinner at the Trump International Hotel. Little did they know (or expect!) to be sharing a dinner booth with President-elect Trump on Wednesday evening – just two days before the Inauguration!! President-elect Trump was gracious enough to chat with them for a bit and have his photo taken.
5) Katy girls reunite! (L-R): Kimberly Domangue, Kayla Hensly, Elizabeth Walker and Michelle Anderson meet up for cocktails at the Gaylord Hotel bar to compare notes and laughter on their trip happenings thus far!
6) Rob and Michelle Anderson make a quick stop to say hello to U.S. Senator Ted Cruz.
7) Katy residents Shawn and Jake Hallsted attending the Texas Black Tie & Boots Gala at the Gaylord Hotel on Jan. 19, the eve of the inauguration. This event was hosted by the Texas State Society – a non-partisan organization that hosts our state’s inauguration gala and other patriotic events throughout the year. Over 8.000 guests, including many elected officials and celebrities, were in attendance this year! Performers included The Beach Boys, Clay Walker and the Gatlin Brothers to name a few.
8) Michelle and Rob Anderson pose in front of Trump/Pence racecar at the hottest soirée of the evening…the Texas Black Tie & Boots Gala!
9) (L-R): Craig LeTulle, Elizabeth Walker, U.S. Congressman Michael McCaul and Jason Walker pose under the Texas flags at the Black Tie & Boots ball.
10) David and Patty Loving from Katy relaxing in the Capitol Hill Club shortly after President Trump’s inauguration.
11) Theresa Kosmoski (left), President of the Texas Federation of Republican Women, with Michelle Anderson (right) celebrating the events of the day at the Capitol Hill Club.
12) Guests from Texas Senate District 18 (which encompasses Katy and Fulshear) at the private dinner reception honoring one-time Katy resident, Rick Figueroa, for his accomplishments within the Texas Republican Party. This was truly an honor as he was recognized among other noteworthy elected officials and leaders throughout the state. The dinner reception was held on Friday, Jan. 20 at the Trump International Hotel. Congratulations, Rick!
(L-R): Matt Russell, Kathryn Frederick, Michelle LeTulle, Craig LeTulle, State Senator Lois Kolkhorst and Jimmy Kolkhorst, Laura and Rick Figueroa, Michelle and Rob Anderson.
13) Jake and Shawn Hallsted waiting on the West Lawn for the inauguration events.
Lt. Governor Dan Patrick Visits Katy
Normally I wouldn’t share two political events in one publication BUT when the Lt. Governor comes to your hometown, it calls for special coverage! The Republican Women’s Club of Katy (RWCK) hosted an evening social and fundraiser on Jan. 26 featuring Lt. Governor Dan Patrick as the guest speaker. The event was held at Gallery Furniture’s S. Katy location (technically Richmond, but we won’t tell!) inside their beautiful atrium room. Guests were entertained with live country music by Denny Graham while bidding on silent auction items and enjoying passed hors d’oeuvres. Silent Auction items included Texas memorabilia and artwork for the patriotic collector! For more information about this club, please visit republicanwomensclubofkaty.com or Facebook.
1) Cindy Wingo and Suzie Austin help greet guests at the reception table.
2) (L-R): Dr. Shelley Ferrill; Rich Chandler; Kaye Goolsby; Rebecca Fox, KISD Board of Trustees President; Jennifer Haar and Patti Gonzales.
3) (L-R): Donnie Dishaw, Chakilla White, John Abraham, Rob Anderson, Tracy Randolph and Anne Reardon.
4) Michael Hartman, Fort Bend County Assistant DA, with his daughter, Sarah.
5) (L-R): Tracy and Todd Randoph with Jeff Robinson
6) (L-R): Michelle Anderson, Lt. Governor Dan Patrick and Kaye Goolsby
7) Lt. Governor Dan Patrick with music performer, Denny Graham.
8) (L-R): Craig LeTulle; Dave Welch, Executive Director of Texas Pastor’s Council; State Representative Mike Schofield
And… (Drumroll, Please)
The Super Bowl Photo
Rebecca Fox!! Rebecca is currently serving our community as President of Katy ISD Board of Trustees. She is pictured here with local hometown hero and NFL player, Andy Dalton! Andy is a graduate of Katy High School and currently plays for the Cincinnati Bengals. Andy was the guest speaker at an event in Katy on Feb. 4 while also in town for the Super Bowl. Congrats, Rebecca!
We also had a runner-up! There were so many great ones to choose from, we couldn’t pass up on sharing this fun pic… Debbie Hagan from Katy, seen here with the most decorated Olympian of all time – Michael Phelps! Debbie attended the 8th Annual Big Game Big Give on Feb. 4 and looked absolutely stunning!
Thank you to everyone for participating and submitting your photos! I hope you all had a wonderful time enjoying all of the activities surrounding Houston for this year’s Super Bowl!
1) 1st Place: Rebecca Fox, KISD Board of Trustees President with Andy Dalton, quarterback for the NFL Cincinnati Bengals.
2) Runner-Up: Debbie Hagan with Michael Phelps,
Olympic swimmer and the greatest Olympian of all time,
with a total of 28 medals.
Katy Home & Garden Show
The 11th Annual Spring Katy Home & Garden Show had over 300 home and landscape experts on hand at The Merrell Center Jan. 28-29 for those ready to tackle home and landscape renovations. Celebrity landscaper Chris Lambton from Yard Crashers made a special appearance this year!
1) RJC Productions team members shown here with celebrity landscaper Chris Lambton from Yard Crashers including from left to right: Lynnie Beck, Robyn Cade and Julie Robinette.
Surprise Birthday Celebration
For One Busy Mom
Anyone who has ever planned a major event – whether it be a wedding, gala or other large function – can appreciate the countless hours poured into the planning and preparation. In the two weeks leading up to the Westlake Prep annual school gala, Gala Chair Lisa Kim was not about to take any personal time to celebrate her own birthday. Westlake Parent Teacher League board members decided to intervene with a surprise birthday party luncheon at Lupe Tortilla in Katy on Jan. 14. Lisa came prepared (arriving with binder in hand!) to have a working lunch discussing “last minute Gala additions.” Needless to say, the trick worked and a fabulous time was had by all! Happy birthday, Lisa, and best wishes on a successful event!
1) With working binder in hand, Lisa Kim was greeted with loud shouts of “surprise!” from friends as she arrived to her “working lunch!”
2) The signature Lupe’s sombrero atop the guest of honor made this Tex-Mex birthday lunch a true fiesta!
3) Westlake moms surround this hard-working birthday girl with gifts, laughter and fun! (L-R): Laura Gallway, Lindsey Ring, DeMonica Smith, Jennifer Voskuhl, Andi Holt, Catherine Larson, Alexandra Larson (who also came ready to celebrate with the cutest red bow on her head!) Dr. Katie Nolte, Lisa Kim, Michelle Anderson and Melinda Robinson.
Taste Of Fort Bend Lunches Of Love Gala
Residents in our community enjoyed a sampling of small bites from a dozen local restaurants at the Lunches of Love annual gala, held at Briscoe Manor on Jan. 12. Restaurants set up booths in each corner of the ballroom where guests could taste a variety of prepared dishes. Silent and live auction items helped in fundraising. Lunches of Love is a nonprofit organization in Fort Bend County that is working hard to end childhood hunger in our area. They provide free, healthy sack lunches to children in need over weekends and holiday breaks. Since 2009, they have served over one million lunches.
1) The planning committee and Board of Directors (L-R, front row) Adriane Gray, creator and director; Denise Hlavaty; Jana Simoneaux; Tracy Gallimore, Board Chairman; Rebekah Russell; Gloria Couch; Jennifer Cox; Brandy Winner. (L-R, back row) Susan Bakus, Becky Zachary, Heather Carroll, Elizabeth Fairfield, Mandy Bryan, Renee Reidmiller and Vangie Ostera.
2) Corey and Heidi Hutchens (left) with Scott and Angie Dorsett (right)
3) Clark and Sarah Blair
4) Ray Aguilar and Cheryl Bertrand
5) Kelley and Vim Ferrer, owners of Thai Spice Restaurant in Katy
6) Representative Phil Stevenson and Tommy Kuykendall, former Mayor of Fulshear
7) Auctioneer Shorty Yeaman, pictured with event emcee, Michele Fisher, deejay with 93Q.
Socially Speaking with Michelle Anderson March 2017
Category: Socially Speaking, Michelle Anderson