photo – Country Park Portraits
FOR GALAS, PARTIES, LUNCHEONS
FOR SCHOOL & STUDENT NEWS AND OTHER HAPPENINGS:
Greetings, Katy and Fulshear! I am beyond excited to represent you as your newest “Socially Speaking” gal! I’ll start off by sharing a little bit about myself. Although I was Texas-born, my dad’s job moved us multiple times across the U.S. during most my childhood. Thankfully, his job would eventually bring our family back home to Texas and I’m proud to say I have called Katy my home since 1996.
My husband Rob and I have been married for 15 years and have been blessed with three beautiful daughters who keep us very busy! We love to be engaged in our community through our church and children’s school. In our free time, we love to travel and spend quality time with family and friends.
Enough about me… I can’t wait to focus on YOU and all of the social happenings around Katy and Fulshear! Y’all are a big part of what makes this community so full of life! I’m looking forward to capturing and sharing these special moments in print and photos. So, here’s to new beginnings and the start of a new journey….
Cinco Ranch Ladies Club Christmas Luncheon
Each year, the Cinco Ranch Ladies Club members and guests gather for lunch to celebrate Christmas cheer. They also have another objective – fundraising for charity. In the spirit of the giving season, attendees bid on silent auction goodies whose proceeds would help raise money for the nonprofit organization, Hope Impacts. This year’s luncheon was held on Dec. 2 at the Golf Club at Cinco Ranch.
1) Elizabeth Walker, Katie Nolte and Jennifer Givens.
2) Members and guests enjoying lunch and music performed by Cortney Arenstein. (Photos 1 and 2 by Elizabeth Walker)
3) Cinco Ranch Ladies Club board members: Joanne Tortorete, Tracy Gremillion, Ashi Barichello, Bianka Wells, Sally Outlaw, Nancy Medina; seated in front is Club President, Annie Gerhardt. (Photo by Nancy Medina)
Angels of Light Annual Holiday Event
One of my favorite things about the holiday season is how our community joins together to help those in need. Select campuses of Houston’s Second Baptist Church hosted this annual event to help less fortunate families in each campus community, including Katy’s newest SBC campus “1463” (named after its location off of FM 1463) on Dec. 2. Participants arrived in buses to the church and were greeted by a multitude of joyful volunteers! Each family was then served dinner and enjoyed a lively gospel-themed performance. The final surprise happened when attendees were showered with wrapped gifts and groceries as they loaded up on buses to go home. Way to go, Katy!
Photo Credits: Robbie Skadal
1) Children’s Director Linda Prillaman, with the High School Jump Team.
2) KISD teacher Kristi Poe welcoming children to the event.
3) Guests being greeted with chants and cheers from enthusiastic church volunteers.
4) “Bus Captain” volunteers Clyde Smith, C.J. Jones and David Velez.
5) The night was made extra special for these kids with a stack of Christmas gifts.
6) All smiles taking home Christmas goodies.
7) Volunteers: Craig Opitz, Trent Vacek, Troy Yates, Craig Hawkins. (Photo by Troy Yates)
Community Members Celebrate Christmas
Ugly Sweater Christmas parties and White Elephant gift exchanges still reign as the most popular social soirees of the season!! Other favorite gatherings included renting group hayrides to tour Pecan Grove’s streets lined with more Christmas lights than you can imagine (think National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation), mother-daughter dates to enjoy the Houston Ballet’s new version of The Nutcracker, and progressive dinners just to name a few!
1) Friends Elizabeth Walker, Larissa Plunto, Melissa Wiginton and Michelle Anderson celebrate the beginning of the season with a cookie-decorating party. Who says the kids get to have all the fun? (Photo by Larissa Plunto)
2) Yours truly with my three daughters and mom, Elly Hinojosa, before the Houston Ballet’s Nutcracker performance. This year was extra special for Houstonians as it was the world premiere of a completely revamped performance, under the artistic direction and choreography of Stanton Welch!
3) Alexandra Bourgeois and Michelle Anderson pause for a brief photo-op in the middle of an intense White Elephant necklace exchange!
4) Joe and Becky Estes, Michael and Kathy Kirby and Paul and Christy Crandall gathered their families and warm blankets before parading through Pecan Grove’s Christmas lights display. (Photo by Becky Estes)
5) Patty Diemert, Mary Mann and Martha Mathis enjoying great food and friendship at a neighborhood Christmas brunch.
6) Cindy Wingo, Larissa Plunto and Anne Reardon sport their versions of Ugly Christmas sweaters at a neighborhood party. (Photo by Larissa Plunto)
7) College friends reunite at Jason and Erin Silva’s Christmas party in The Heights. Pictured are Rob Anderson, Chuck Wehner, Patrick Fender, Steven Page, Jason Silva, Russ Stott and Jesse Saenz.
8) Kimberly Domangue and Cheryl Stalinsky at a Christmas brunch.
9) Andy and Melissa Wiginton are dressed in coordinating “Ugly Christmas Sweater” fashions. (Photo by Melissa Wiginton)
10) Laurie Ng, Stacy Powell, Dee Smith, Kathy Resewehr and Yvette Dillon are thankful for the time to catch up at a Christmas gathering amid the hustle and bustle of the season!
11) Alexandra Bourgeois and Cathy Harris showing off their new necklaces from the White Elephant exchange.
12) Michelle Anderson enjoying dinner on Christmas Eve at Anthonie’s Market Grill in Simonton, along with Patricia Gonzales, Elly Hinojosa and Gloria Canales.
Greater Katy Area Pachyderm Club Christmas Party
Did you know there is a new club in town? The recently founded Greater Katy Area Pachyderm Club held its Christmas party the evening of Dec. 13 at Brick and Mortar Kitchen. The party was well attended by members and local elected officials. Meetings are held monthly on the second Tuesday evening at The Golf Club at Cinco Ranch and are open to men and women who want to learn more about local politics and support Republican candidates and elected officials.
1) Bob Hebert, Fort Bend County Judge; Jason Walker, Pachyderm Club President.
2) Yvonne Ramsey, Judge David Perwin, Lewis White, Judge Chad Bridges.
3) Robert and Rachel Crawford.
4) Loan Davis, Jingjing “J.J.” Clemence, Larissa Plunto, District Director for State Sen. Lois Kolkhorst.
5) Judge David Perwin, Elizabeth Walker, Judge Walter Armatys.
6) Sandra Wagar, Loan Davis, Bert Levine.
Photo Credit: Michelle Anderson
Weston Lakes Garden Club Christmas Luncheon
Garden Club members of Weston Lakes neighborhood got a special treat this season! On Dec. 13, these ladies received a private tour of the Brookwood Community, learning more about the history of this thriving nonprofit community where adults with disabilities are celebrated and given a sense of hope and purpose through various on-site job opportunities, including gardening in their gorgeous nursery. Afterwards, the ladies celebrated with conversation and fellowship over lunch inside Brookwood Café, where guests are served by some of our community’s finest, the Brookwood residents!
1) Members Barbara Oneto (left) and Nancy Rose (right), were the winners of the beautiful poinsettias; pictured with Club President Terri Oliver (center).
2) Members Blanca Albers, Elly Hinojosa, Julie Janek, Maruja de Chacon, Gilma Leask.
3) Club Treasurer, Mary Kanney; Club Membership, Carole Sandoval.
4) Club member Julie Janek with Brookwood resident and server, Austin Hanson
5) Elly Hinojosa and Rose Ochoa shopping in the community nursery.
Photo Credit: Michelle Anderson
A Gatsby-Styled New Year’s Eve
This Katy couple said farewell to 2016 in style… ”because a little party never hurt nobody!” The Roaring ‘20s were in full force at this New Year’s Eve neighborhood celebration. Guests (dapper gentlemen and dashing ladies!) arrived in their favorite 1920s attire to add to the fun of the evening. Final touches of Gatsby-inspired décor were sprinkled throughout the home for all to enjoy. Welcome 2017!
1) Gatsby Hosts, Jennifer and Wayne Dolcefino.
2) Flappers: Linda Fowler, Amber Willingham, Annette Lockwood.
3) Sarah-Kate Fowler, Anthony Dolcefino, Elizabeth Fowler.
4) Hostess Jennifer Dolcefino with Tena Wood.
5) Cyna and Anthony Dolcefino dressed to impress!
Photo Credit: Jennifer Dolcefino
Category: Socially Speaking, Michelle Anderson